Sponsor for the
Summit ET Racing Series
Schedule for ET Races
For the 2014 racing season, we plan to run the Junior program before the regular Summit Series. All Saturday gates (unless otherwise specified on the schedule) will open at 11:00 with Junior time runs starting at Noon, followed by Junior eliminations. ET time runs will begin at 2:00 with eliminations starting at 5:00. On Sunday events, gates will open at 9:00 with Junior time runs beginning at 10:00. ET time runs will begin at Noon with eliminations starting at 3:00. We hope that this will be helpful to Racers who also have Juniors racing.
March 1 & 2
April 5 & 6
May 3 & 4
June 1 (State Championship Race)
June 7 & 8
July 19 (No Juniors)
September 20 (Last race for points)
In an effort to "showcase" the Summit ET Racing Series, the current points leader (leading in points just before each National Event) from each of the Division Two Tracks will have the opportunity to participate in a special race at a National Event by the schedule listed below. That points leader plus one crew will be admitted free to the National Event. There will be no purses awarded for these events, but a Wally will be awarded to the winner of the race. Below is the schedule for the 2014 racing season. These will be rotated from year to year.
March 13-16: Pro
4-Wide Nationals, Z-Max
April 11-13: Sportsman
May 16-18: Super Pro
2013 SDR Track Champions
Super Pro - Logan Watson
Pro - Terry Adams
Sportsman - Sam Adams
High School ~ Amii Hendrix
Junior 8-9 - Gage Bolin
Junior 10-12 ~ Sadie Wicks
Junior 13-17 ~ Austin Carden
There will be a charge for the use of electricity of $10 per day, beginning the first day you hook-up. (This is not $10/24 hrs., but $10 for Friday, $10 for Saturday and $10 for Sunday. All outlet covers are locked. All electrical outlets are on a first-come, first-serve basis. We cannot honor reservations for pit spaces with electricity. No sharing PLEASE. Purchase electricity in the Souvenir Building.
ET Series Policies and Procedures
All racing in this series will be 1/8 mile except Sportsman.
- NHRA membership and permanent numbers are required to participate in the Summit ET Finals. Membership is encouraged, but not required to enter the races.
- Racing will be conducted in accordance with SDR's Competition Policies and Procedures.
- Drivers can count their best races for points, two less than the total number of races conducted.
- The points fund will be guaranteed. The top eight in Super Pro, Pro ET and Sportsman eliminators will receive the same amount they would have won for getting down to 8 cars in a 32+ car event.
- Thirty points will be awarded for staging and 10 points will be awarded for each round won. Bonus points will be awarded as follows: Winner will get three; runner-up will get two; semi's will get one.
- First round buybacks will be allowed and buybacks will receive points for rounds won.
- Rainouts will not be made up. Points will be awarded and the purse split for any completed round of competition. Incomplete rounds will not be counted.
- For 2014, Team Silver Dollar will consist of 25 racers; top 10 in points in Super Pro and Pro and top 5 in points in Sportsman. Each track will be allowed to have a second team of 25. This team will be filled on a first come, first serve basis with the requirement that he/she has participated in a minimum of 3 Summit ET Races at Silver Dollar.
- The High School Championship has been eliminated for 2014. However, if an eligible high school driver is available, he/she will be eligible to represent SDR at the ET Finals.
- Gold Cards will be awarded to our Track Champions in Super Pro, Pro ET, Sportsman and Juniors. A Gold Card is good for one entry into any SDR sponsored event.
- King of the Track will be contested between the top 8 finishers in one of the eliminators on a rotating basis. For the 2014 season, it will be in Pro Class.